Monday, June 3, 2013

Great Finds for Cat Lovers

Hauspanther is one of my favorite websites for cat stuff. I mean stuff for cats as well as cat-related stuff. That's their logo on the left. Stylish, isn't it?

I love the name, too. Wish I'd thought of it first! Hauspanther.com used to be ModernCat. My impression is that it was started to feature modern, trendy, good-looking furniture for cats. Things for cats to climb on and sleep in and play with. It also has clothes and jewelry that cat-lovers can wear or give as gifts, and artwork that cat lovers can hang on their walls. Plus, they have useable, necessary things like pretty bowls for cat food, and stands to put the bowls in, and fancy carriers for going to the vet.

I get the Hauspanther newsletter, and sometimes I almost dread opening it, because I want this stuff, and I usually can't afford it. Like, look at this Trixie Activity Center (below right). The tabby-and-white cat pictured is very like our cats Remy and Indy. I would love to get this for our cats. As I write this, it's $37.49 from Amazon and shipping is free. Still, that's a bag of the expensive cat food they eat or a flat of Indy's special diet canned food. Please don't think my cats are deprived. They have lots of toys. Still, it would be fun to watch them explore something new.


I'd also love to decorate their walls with more cat art. I have some cat art, like a painting I did in a class going on 30 years ago, and two pencil sketches of cats playing with tiny space ships. Have I mentioned our house has solid concrete block walls? Yes, even on the inside. So hanging pictures is a lot more complicated than in a normal house. If I could easily hang pictures, I'd love to add this Jenny Parks illustration of cats as the 11 incarnations of the title character from the TV series Doctor Who. It's such a cute idea.

I discovered all these things and more on Hauspanther.


Even if you can't afford to buy the fancy cat things featured at Hauspanther, it's still fun to see what's out there. Plus, they have giveaways just about every week, so you can try your luck at winning some of this cool cat gear. If you love cats, you should definitely check it out.

0 comments: