Friday, September 21, 2012

Book Review: The Big Kitty (Mystery)

I haven't read many mysteries, but I had the chance to review The Big Kitty by Claire Donally, and how could I resist? It has a clever cat, a winning lottery ticket, a crazy cat lady, and a journalist.

A former journalist agrees to help an elderly woman find her lost lottery ticket, but her mission changes when she finds the woman dead. With one of the woman's many cats as a sidekick, Sunny sets out to solve the murder.

I really enjoyed this book. It's serious, but it's not dark. I especially liked the way Donally captured Shadow the cat's personality.

My full review is posted at Fresh Fiction. I'm thrilled to be one of their newest reviewers. They work with the publishers and send me free books to read, and all I have to do is tell people what I think of them. Sweet!

I have another cat mystery on my bedside table and a couple of others are in the mail. I'll continue to post mini-reviews here with links to the full reviews on FreshFiction.com.

0 comments: